Who can attend the Grand Rapids Child Discovery Center?
The Grand Rapids Child Discovery Center is committed to diversity and welcomes all children entering grades K-5. Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis. There are currently waiting lists for grades K, 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
2018-2019 Required Documents
Any child who will reside in Michigan for the 2018-2019 school year may apply. The documents needed are listed below:
- Enrollment Packet for the 2018-2019 School Year
- This packet includes the Application for Enrollment, Language Survey and Request for Records
- Students must be 5 by September 1, 2018 to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Certified Birth Certificate (not a copy) – must be shown for verification at the time of application
- Copy of immunization record – students must be up to date on immunizations or must have a waiver signed by the Kent County Health Department to attend any public school in Michigan, on or before the first day of school.
- Vision Statement for students entering Kindergarten. To see the MDHHS Memo about this requirement, please click here.
I turned in my child’s documents, what happens next?
For an explanation of the open enrollment process, please click on this link: Open Enrollment information