I am Sara Dailey
I am the lead teacher in Discovery F.
My first year at the CDC was 2010.
The people I work with the most at the CDC are Elly Cotton and Ron Wrobbel
You may call me at school at 616-459-0330, or send an email.
- To have more family involvement in the classroom
- To expose students to more cultures
- To finish my Masters Degree
Prior to coming to the CDC, I was a substitute teacher, had been teaching an adult education class and I continue to teach summer camps through Rockford Community Education.
I received a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology from Grand Valley State University in 2001 and Bachelor of Arts in History with an Elementary Education Certificate in 2006.
I have two children; Elly and Keagan. We live in Rockford and love spending time traveling and camping.
I connect with the kids by linking the topics we are currently studying with their interests and lives, making the subject more relevant for them. I also love to talk with the kids about books they have read and suggesting new ones they may be interested in. For fun I enjoy tie dyeing with the kids. Their creations always turn out as unique as they are!
You can help me by
- Asking your child about their day and checking in with their homework progress
- Donating your time to the GRCDC either in my classroom, the lunch room, the playground or ask Rachel where there might be a need.
- Give me feedback; good, bad or just suggestions.